Updated: Oct 20
An "unputdownable" book is a testament to the power of good writing and captivating storytelling. It's a book that captivates you to the point where it becomes an integral part of your life, during the time you're immersed in it. Connecting to new characters and seeing the world from a different lens while being safely far away from the turmoil is one of the draws for readers. So what makes a story worth reading?
1. CONNECTION- The ability to connect with the book and its characters is indeed a hallmark of excellent writing. When you care deeply about what happened to the characters, you're most likely to find the book "unputdownable".
2. Emotional rollercoaster- an "unputdownable" book can take you on an emotional roller coaster. It can make you laugh, cry, get angry, and feel a wide range of emotions. The fact that it can make you pause and gather yourself shows the depth of its impact.
3. Speechless and engaged - When a book leaves you speechless while keeping you fully engaged, it's a sign of a masterful storyteller. Those leg-slapping and body-throwing reactions are a testament to its power.
4. Smile on your face - The joy and satisfaction a good book brings, occasionally leaving a smile on your face. This is a beautiful outcome of a well-written story.
5. Questioning life- An "unputdownable" book often has the power to make you think about life and the world in new and thought-provoking ways. It can challenge your perspectives and expand your horizons.
6. Character attachment -When you start talking about the characters as if they were real people, it's a Testament to the author's ability to create relatable and vivid characters.
7. Stealing moments - Sneaking moments at work or anywhere else, just to read another chapter Is a clear indication that the book has you completely hooked.
8. Author engagement -following the author on social media and remembering their name is a sign of deep appreciation for their work. It shows that you want to continue the conversation and stay connected with the literary world.
9. Dread for the end -the bittersweet feeling of dreading the end of an "unputdownable" book is a common sentiment among avid readers. It's a tribute to the world the author has created. And it often leaves you craving for more.
An unputdownable book is a testament to the power of literature to transport us to different worlds, make us feel deeply, and leave a lasting impact on our lives. These are the books to stay with us long after we've turned the final page.
Please join Theresa Elizabeth at Author Q & A | TheresaElizabeth where she dives into some excellent books in her new author Corner.